CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Chaos is Enjoyable!!!

I vow as long as I live that I will never understand how a teenage boys mind works.



Today is Grandma's Birthday, "happy 69th Grandma" (Grandma is my Mum but we always call her Grandma so the kids don't get confused with names, you know me calling her Mum, them being told she's Grandma, etc). The kids planned for DH to take me and my wheelchair to town to buy gifts - going alone with Daddy just would not do as aparently he has no shopping sense. Long story short (very rarely do I EVER cut a long story short) DH was called into work and we were stranded. Sooooo this afternoon Zak (17 3/4) arrives home from cricket, and our little minds went into overdrive - Zak was home early - Zak can drive - Zak has a car - Zak can take us shopping. Zak however, was not up with this plan, but begrudgingly after much grovelling (I am not ashamed to grovel - especially when I spend my days with my leg perched on a pile of cushions and going to town would be the highlight of my entire week) he agreed to take us...on a strict time schedule as he apparently had far more important things to be doing than driving his Mum and three siblings around the streets of Hawera.

We got the wheelchair loaded in and racd to the Warehouse (big store with almost everything), I was rushing so much and he makes me so scared (yeah right) that I said I would hobble on my crutches. Now its hot here and stinkin humid, so by the time I made it in the door (which isn't even far from the car because Hawera is a tiny town and we parked right outside the door) I was sweating like a pig - kids couldn't decide what they wanted - Zak couldn't stop Teching at us and texting frantically and my leg hurt like F***. I was a wreck spinning in circles on my crutches, too hot to move to look around and thinking this was the worst idea ever. Let the kids choose everything - Neeky got a hideouly ugly bag that she was adament Grandma would adore (she can return it I made sure of that), Narna's found some budget perfume that smelt like...budget perfume and The Wah's being The Wah's just wanted to look at toys.

Onward to the supermarket, crutches there, sent Narny for a dinner voucher further in town, sent Zak, Neeky and The Wah's down aisles grabbing what we needed and I stood leaning on my crutches by the checkouts, paid (had to ask Zak for money as I can't use crutches and carry stuff so everyone carries it for me) and back to the car in record time. Made everyone (but me, of couse) help unload so Zak wouldn't have a meltdown about nobody helping and finally got to sit down.

And here's the bit I don't get - Zak had a shower, came over to me and said "thanks for a great last hour and a half Mum I enjoyed doing that with you, I love you will ring and let you know what I'm doing, kiss, kiss gone!!!!

I am shattered, my toes are swollen into little fat slugs, I stink, I feel a headache coming on, my stress level is off the radar AND HE HAD FUN, Men!

No comments:

Post a Comment